Redirect

Office 2007

Buy Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007!

Tide is In - 2010!

How would you rather fix the State budget?

Monday, January 26, 2009

Trial not going well for Chesapeake

Re: Detective says Ryan Frederick appeared coherent after arrest (V-P)

If you have been following the Frederick case, I am sure that you have seen by now that it is not exactly going well for Chesapeake prosecutors. So far they have been asked by the judge to stop withholding evidence and witnesses (They failed to produce results from all pre-trial reenactments and they failed to produce the officer that first interviewed Frederick). Today in court, they produced the missing officer, whose testimony conflicted with the Prosecutor's assertions. Chesapeake has really made a mistake with this one. I know that I have blogged on this before, but I really do feel strongly about cases such as this. While it is very tragic when a police officer dies in the line of duty, Chesapeake has botched this. In most cases when a criminal has done something wrong, the Police have a steady case while the criminal tends to change details of their story again and again. In this case, however, it is the Police who have had the ever-changing story and the suspect that has kept his story the same. I hope that the entire truth, whatever it may be, comes out in this trial. I hope that I am wrong. I hope that we find out that Frederick was indeed growing a large quantity of marijuana; it would make it alto less painful for the community. I have a feeling however, that the police are wrong, in which case, I can only hope that the City of Chesapeake decides to revisit some sort of oversight agency.

No comments:

Virginia Lottery Results