Redirect

Office 2007

Buy Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007!

Tide is In - 2010!

How would you rather fix the State budget?

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Transfer Point Relocation

If you haven't heard yet, the HRT transfer point at Monticello and Charlotte will be relocated due to the construction of the Wachovia project. It will be moved to the Cedar Grove Lot.

This transfer station serves 14 bus routes. That is alot of people. So why are they moving it FARTHER away from the new light rail line? I thought they wanted the light rail to succeed. It certainly will not if they sever it from the rest of the city.
I know it takes me about 25-30 minutes to take the #3 bus down town. If I wanted to get on the light rail and go East, I could have done that. Now I will have to take the #3 down to Cedar Grove and transfer to a bus going out past downtown (like the #13). There will be no bus that services downtown except the NET, and we all know how reliable THAT is.
In order for this Light Rail to work we need to tie it in with the buses. I think that all of the bus lines should be aligned to get to the Tide stop as quickly as possible. This CAN be achieved without cutting service to customers. We need to fix this or the whole light rail project will be a waste of 232 million dollars.

2 comments:

Michael Ragsdale said...

Trust me, there's already angry passengers (and drivers for that matter). I was Downtown today (transferring from the 20 to the 6) and there were NO supervisors or anyone talking about the change. I grabbed a couple of fliers and taped one each to the two shelters at 20th & Seaboard. I feel it's important to get the word out since there are plenty of passengers who ARE NOT AWARE of the major service change. Even a veteran Downtown rider like myself is thrown off by this.

Avenging Archangel said...

For those who regularly go into downtown (like Russell and I), the proposal is a disaster.

If the NET had been extended out to Salter , this wouldn't be a major problem. However, the idea that "St. Paul's = downtown access" is a cruel joke.

Virginia Lottery Results