Redirect

Office 2007

Buy Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007!

Tide is In - 2010!

How would you rather fix the State budget?

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Where are the police?

Friday night (11 January 2008) I was sitting in the center turn lane of Battlefield Blvd with my blinker on, waiting to turn into a gas station. It was about midnight. As I wait I observe a Chesapeake police officer speeding towards me with his light on. He was driving down the center lane (the one I'm in) traveling at least 70 mph. He continue towards me until the last possible second, when he cut back over, a mere 20 feet in front of me. Of course, I could not get a car number, he was going much too fast.
Remember that citizen oversight board last year? You know, the one that Chesapeake insisted was unnecessary? Perhaps something like this would make the whip themselves into shape. Day after day, I see police officers use their lights to go through red lights. They use their patrol cars for personal errands (bank, grocery store, etc.). They drive horribly (speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out, etc.). It not just Chesapeake cops, either. They may be most notorious for it, but I know that VB and Norfolk cops do it too.
Cut the bureaucratic crap. If they can not police themselves, then let us do it. The taxpayers pay for the police officers to protect them, not endanger or harass them. The police ask us if we have nothing to hide, why can't they search. That question can and should be pointed back at them. Officer, if you have nothing to hide, then where's the problem?

No comments:

Virginia Lottery Results